- Opened the circle to new friends from 11 different congregations in Colorado, Kansas and Missouri.
- Prayed, sang, danced and cheered together! (What’s up Mo-Valley, what’s up?)
- SLIID (St. Louis, Illinois, Iowa District) won the basketball game vs. Western (Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska)
- Learned about Israel by creating an edible map and hearing stories from teens who have visited. (You can do NFTY in Israel or EIE when you’re in high school.)
In the words of Ben, a teen from Central Reform Congregation who co-chaired the event,
I am really proud of everyone in CRFTY, especially my co-chair Noah, for all of their hard work. We tackled programming about identity around Israel in a creative and engaging manner, taught about NFTY-Missouri Valley and practiced being an inclusive community. Countless hours go into planning every little moment of the event, so it’s amazing watching an event you plan come to life. It’s even more amazing to see the bright future of NFTY Missouri Valley.
Check out the slide show for some of the highlights!
I made so many friends from out of town and from in town that I’ve never met before. I’m happy to express my Jewish identity and happy that I can be comfortable with everyone and make so many new friends.”
– Kobi, United Hebrew Congregation, St. Louis, MO
My favorite memory is when we were all cheering each other on and working together during the basketball game.
– Josh, United Hebrew Congregation, St. Louis, MO
So cool to fly out with my friends and meet people from other states who were also Jewish. It was really special to have one big connection and all be together.
– Hannah Meg, Temple Sinai, Denver, CO
We can’t wait to see you all at the next NFTY678 program in your city! Be on the lookout for details.